So here are a bunch of resources i’ve gathered. I thought that I’d share them because they’re really helpful. Hope they’ll make your life easier! I’ve never made one of these before, so let me know if any of the links aren’t working.
- 200 words that describe light
- how to keep a journal
- read some slam poetry
- huge writing masterpost
- how to reveal character
- help with writer’s block
- find out which author you write like
- write interactive books (kind of like choose your own adventure)
- good brainstorming/ organizing tool
- zen writing tool
makeup and hair
- filling in eyebrows
- twin buns
- how to contour
- everyday makeup routine
- how to make any color of lipstick… from crayons
- natural beauty remedies
- the trick to liquid eyeliner (this is how i wear mine, it’s quite easy to master)
- cool makeup tips
- stylish eye makeup (from Lauren Conrad)
- gradient lip makeup
- different ways to braid your hair
- messy buns tutorial
- how to make your own temporary tattoo
- apply eyeliner, mascara, and curl lashes with a spoon
- how to survive college
- various yoga poses for stress relief
- HUGE studying masterpost (I mean huge)
- solve any math problem
- how to effectively pull an all-nighter
- teaches everything
- find out who an anon is (not sure if still working)
- mass tag replacer
- huge theme-related download pack
- post a bunch of things from a blog’s archive
- good pixel blog and theme references
- really good redux edits
- my favorite falling snow effect (it’s interactive on your blog!)
- tumblr theme generator
- random image script
- tumblr savior for mobile
- cute yahoo answers (the cutest thing ever)
- emergency compliment
- draw a stickman
- coping skills and distractions
- for some reason these videos always cheer me up
- calming gif
- givesmehope (this will cheer you up it is so cute)
- answer trivia questions and give people rice !!
- Cool websites for wasting time (1, 2, 3 )
- make sand art online (you could spend hours on this site tbh)
- make a a giant squid pillow! (because why not?)
- how to do special effects makeup (tw: gore?)
- create your own nebula
- read creepy wikipedia articles
- read more creepy wikipedia articles (warning, I haven’t read these articles, so I do not know what they contain. read at your own risk.)
- random colour each time
- disney lies/ urban legends
- make your own acapella band
- watch a real-time streaming of the ocean
- just click this. trust me.
- make your own pokemon secret base
- this will take you to a cool place
- color matching game
- downloadable indie games / in-browser indie games
- games you played back in the day
- really cute online games
- cards against humanity pdf
- sushi cat (really cute, calming game)
- takes you to a random location and you have to guess where you are
- color matching game
- akinator, the web genie (kind of like 20 questions, but with famous people)
food to make
- panera mac n cheese recipe
- different salad recipes
- fricking recipes
- harry potter recipes
- healthy recipes
- s’mores pie (keep in the fridge and heat up for 15 seconds when you want a piece so its warm and it just tastes really good please make this)
- nutella hot chocolate
- peanut butter nutella swirl cookies
- cookie in a mug
- starbucks holiday drinks
- fruit leathers (like fruit roll-ups, only much better)
photo editing things
- punk edit tutorial
- remove backgrounds without photoshop
- topaz-like action
- glitch tutorial
- double exposure effect
- photoshop brushes masterpost
- this blog has a lot of ps resources
- so does this one
- how to draw ears
- how to make an animated film
- learn how to draw anything
- turn your paper art into digital
- skeleton practice drawing tool thingy
- how to draw semi- realistic eyes
- how to make pixel art
- good reference for drawing water
- free digital sculpting tool
sounds n music
- masterpost of sounds of nature
- more sounds of nature
- find more artists to listen to (basically you pick an artist, and it shows more artists, and you click those. it’s a never ending lists of music in your taste!)
- listen to playlists (here’s mine)
- get the best sound from your iTunes
- coffee shop sounds for productivity
- rain sounds
- white noise generator
- some more cool sounds
- how to make an 8-bit/chiptune
learn to do things
- make a flower crown
- make dip-dyed shoes
- make glitter out of salt
- make a blanket nest
- how to make origami
- how to embroider
- learn to read korean in 15 minutes
- newspaper nails (i’ve done these before… super easy and look really cool!!)
- tie-dye denim
- make a font from your handwriting
- learn to play guitar
- personality quizzes
- the ‘eye’ test
- find out which disney princess you are
- online color challenge
- trivia quizzes
other useful things
- is a website actually down?
- hobbies masterpost
- best, most comfy onesies ever
- clothing life hacks
- when to pee during a movie
- how to remove pilling from clothing
- 100 tips for life
- sleep calculator
- kawaii emoticons
- run windows programs on a mac
- plant studio (like microsoft paint, but with plants!)
- find out which font something is
- create a color palate from an image
This is the bed where we fell in love.
(Some may say it was New York, but that was messy and made me sad for too long.)
This is where we slept before we slept together.
This is where we made music and art before we made love.
This is where girls and guys could be just friends.
This is where we ate fast food and watched horror movies (even though I hated that.)
This is where we kissed when we shouldn’t have.
This is where I held you at two AM, when you sobbed and begged me not to leave.
This is where I sobbed, too, and told you I had to, but I wasn’t really going anywhere.
This is where we talked until the sun came up.
This is where I drew branches on your arm.
This is where I ran to at 6 AM when I wasn’t sure what was going to happen.
This is where we tried to not let this happen. (That lasted a total of eight hours.)
This is where I called “home” when home became an idea and not a place.
This is where we took obnoxious pictures and sent them to everyone in our phone contacts. (This is why everyone hates us, probably.)
This is where I told you I was (20%) sure this wasn’t what it was before.
This is where I was sad about her and you rolled over at me until I started crying because you don’t know how to be mad at me.
This is where we stared into each other’s eyes for at least an hour and didn’t say a word. (It was the most comforting feeling I can recall.)
This is where you told me you were (85%) in love with me. (You later told me it was 100%, but I started the percentages, I guess.)
This is where we decided we were in love with each other.
This is where you loved me for the first time.
This is where you loved me a lot more times.
This is where we started hi-fiving after because we’re best friends first.
This is where you read me your favorite books.
This is where we slept, with the sheet that didn’t always fit, then the fuzzy sheet, and sometimes no sheet at all.
This is where I decided that I don’t care if “they saw this coming three years ago” because we didn’t see it coming three years ago and we don’t owe anyone a fucking explanation.
This is where I think I really saw you for the first time.
This is where I decided I never wanted to be without you.
This is where you told me I never had to.
This is where I fell in love with my best friend.
This is not where we will continue to love.
My bed in Philadelphia is now our bed in Philadelphia.
We will fall asleep/wake up in a bed that is not this one, but I will continue to love you just as much.
I’m fucking sobbing
REBLOG IF YOU REMEMBER ANY OF THESE
Here are all the games’ links in order :)
YOU ARE A SAINT.
Lembas Bread (Lord of the Rings “authentic” Elvish bread)
2 ½ cups of flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of butter
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon honey
2/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon of vanilla
Preheat oven to 425F. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and mix with a well till fine granules (easiest way is with an electric mixer). Then add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly.
Finally add the cream, honey, and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness. Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.Criss-cross each square from corner-to-corner with a knife, lightly (not cutting through the dough).
Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
***Let cool completely before eating, this bread tastes better room temperature and dry. Also for more flavor you can add more cinnamon or other spices***
as someone who has baked these A LOT
They are REALLY GOOD
and I am reblogging this because I KEEP LOSING MY RECIPE
Movie Night Masterpost (all links working as of 26/10/2013):
- The Great Gatsby
- Evan Almighty
- The Breakfast Club
- Theres Something About Mary
- She’s the Man
- Mean Girls
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Legally Blonde
- Pitch Perfect
- Step Brothers
- Imagine Me & You
- The Silence of the Lambs
- The Virgin Suicides
- Warm Bodies
- Donnie Darko
- Pulp Fiction
- Girl, Interrupted
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- 21 Jump Street
- Freaky Friday
- Pitch Perfect
- Forrest Gump
- The Outsiders
- The Heat
- Finding Nemo
- Project X
- The Hunger Games
- Scott Pilgrim vs The World
- Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events
- Fight Club
- Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Dead Poets Society
- The Hangover
- The Blind Side
- Little Miss Sunshine
- White Chicks
- Easy A
- Its Kind Of A Funny Story
- Magic Mike
Lord of the rings:
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- Pokemon Movie 1: Mewtwo Strikes Back
- Pokemon Movie 2: The Power of One
- Pokemon Movie 3: Spell Of The Unown
- Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone
- Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
- Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
- Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
- Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix
- Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows Part 1
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hollows Part 2
Pirate of The Caribbean:
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Back to the Future:
- Snow White And The Seven Dwarves
- Fantasia 2000
- Bambi II
- Saludos Amigos
- The Three Caballeros
- Make Mine Music
- Fun and Fancy Free
- Melody Time
- The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
- Alice in Wonderland
- Peter Pan
- Lady and the Tramp
- Sleeping Beauty
- 101 Dalmatians
- The Sword in the Stone
- The Jungle Book
- The Aristocats
- Robin Hood
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- The Rescuers
- The Rescuers Down Under
- The Fox and the Hound
- The Black Cauldron
- The Great Mouse Detective
- Oliver & Company
- The Little Mermaid
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
- Beauty and the Beast
- The Lion King
- The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride
- Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Mulan II
- Tarzan II
- The Emperor’s New Groove
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire
- Atlantis: Milo’s Return
- Lilo & Stitch
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch
- Treasure Planet
- Brother Bear
- Brother Bear 2
- Home on the Range
- Chicken Little
- Meet the Robinsons
- The Princess and the Frog
- Tangled (HD)
- Wreck-It Ralph
i don’t this is one night…
Here is “Knot”, a short comic I drew to sell at Mocca and TCAF this year. The printed version is going to be SO PRETTY. I’m in love with the cover (which I will post later).
I just wanted to do something fairy-tale-like that talked about doubts and frustrations and how to deal with them. I’m really happy with how colorful and adorable the story turned out to be.
If you enjoyed “Knot”, please consider reblogging it and/or checking out my ongoing webcomic Namesake! HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!
Isa’s been showing me wips of this for awhile, look how pretty this is finished, ahhh!!